Thursday, January 14, 2010

reunification


i am eagerly awaiting the arrival of one of my dearest friends who is coming to visit me this weekend. thus i've been spending a lot of time thinking about relationships, distance, and reunification recently.

this photo brought me joy in the midst of all the horrific news stories about deaths in Haiti. it is wonderful to reflect on this moment where 2 year old Redjeson Hausteen Claude was reunited with his mother after days of his family fearing the worst. in the heart of despair there are pieces of joy.

there is nothing like coming into the arms of a parent.

photocredit: {globalgrind}

2 comments:

  1. This photo makes me cry. I am so happy this little boy found his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine what is going on there. It seems like hell. That mother must have been so happy. I don't know what I would do if my child was missing.

    ReplyDelete

you might fancy

Related Posts with Thumbnails