Monday, July 26, 2010

le sigh




this weekend i put on my traveling shoes and went on vacation. last night i flew back into denver. i was in one of my favorite cities in the world visiting some of my favorite people in the world with my guy. i was a little worried that i would not want to come back. i miss the light of this city and its architecture. i miss its people and my people contained within its borders.

it was a pleasant surprise to find myself only a bit teary flying home thinking "well that was lovely, but i'm happy to going home." it's amazing when you wake up one day and realize that you have developed a new home and there is space enough in your heart and mind to hold both new and old.

le sigh. now i will nap and attempt to sort through my once organized clothing drawers. more to come on vacation photos soon!

2 comments:

  1. You picked the perfect city as one of your favorites (well, I've lived in/near it all my life, so I'm biased).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cities. Reminds us we can be from many places

    ReplyDelete

you might fancy

Related Posts with Thumbnails